HONEY KEY LIME CHICKEN-
Posted by MeiLi Ellis on
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Zest from 1 key lime
- Juicy from 2 key limes
- 1½ Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 basil leaves
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large zucchini (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey and lime juice. Whisk in lime zest, minced basil leaves, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add chicken breast and swirl it around to coat. Let it marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts.
- If using zucchini, mix it in marinade first and then add to the chicken when chicken is half way cooked. (If not using zucchini, pour remaining marinade over chicken and cook in it.)
- Cook chicken until completely done, flipping half way through.
- You can also serve it with veggies, salad, roasted or mashed potatoeswillcookforsmiles.com